Friday 4 May 2012

Miniature Friday - Parthian Heroes



These days, I don’t paint many historical figures. I just get more enjoyment out of the hobby when it has a tinge of fantasy.  That said, the two are not always mutually exclusive.  I’ve currently got a little side-project going, which involves some historical warriors in a mythical encounter.  The heroes of this game are 1st Century Persians, or Parthians as they were known at the time.  I’ve just finished painting up my first couple of warriors. 


The figures are from Gripping Beast and are great bases for people who like to add some colourful details to their figures.  I’m not the most skillful free-hand painter, but I really enjoyed adding a few little designs to the figures.  I think these guys will really standout on the tabletop.





No comments:

Post a Comment